[j-nsp] Route Advertisement

Chris Hagel nanog at lordkron.net
Thu Aug 25 13:38:42 EDT 2005

The easiest way to do this is to setup an aggregate address under
[edit routing-options] then advertise it via a policy stating "from
protocol aggregate then accept" as below:

routing-options {
   aggregate {
        route 1.1.1.1/32 discard;
    }
    autonomous-system 5129;
}

policy-options {
   policy-statement aggs {
        term 1 {
            from protocol aggregate;
            then accept;
        }
    }

then apply this policy as an export to either the group or peer you wish
to advertise it to.

    bgp {
        group int {
            type internal;
            local-address 100.100.100.2;
            export test;
            neighbor 100.100.100.1;

or

    bgp {
        group int {
            type internal;
            local-address 100.100.100.2;
            neighbor 100.100.100.1;
	export test;

Hope this helps.

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 08:08:06 -0700
"Prashun Jain" <pjain at noanetoregon.net> wrote:

PJ> Hello
PJ>
PJ> We are trying to announce smaller net blocks for interfaces using IBGP
PJ> in our network. And we are wondering what is the best practice in
PJ> Juniper land to achieve the desired result. Also we are trying to avoid
PJ> injecting these net blocks into routing and forwarding table using
PJ> passive ospf interfaces.
PJ>
PJ> For example in Cisco we can do this by using the following commands.
PJ>
PJ> router bgp xxxxxx
PJ> Network 10.10.10.0 mask 255.255.255.252
PJ> !
PJ> ip route 10.10.10.0 255.255.255.252 null0
PJ> !
PJ>
PJ>
PJ> Any help will be appreciated.
PJ>
PJ> Thanks and Regards
PJ>
PJ> Prashun Jain