[j-nsp] Junos tacacs+ authentication using Cisco ACS

edwin pua edgpua at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 21 22:39:55 EST 2005

Hi All,

  Just need your help on how will i make my juniper router authenticate using the Cisco ACS.

  I'm having some problem on my juniper router to communicate with our Cisco ACS. here's my config on the router:

  # Juniper configuration:
   tacplus-server {
        192.168.2.1 {
            secret "$9$VAb4ZUDkPfzX7jqfzCA8X7Ns4UDkm5F"; ## SECRET-DATA
            single-connection;
            source-address 192.168.20.4;
        }
    }
    accounting {
        events interactive-commands;
        destination {
            tacplus {
                server {
                    192.168.2.1 secret "$9$hDecK8XxdsYoO17VYojiuO1IyKXxdw2a"; ## SECRET-DATA
                }

   user high {
            uid 3453;
            class superuser;
        }
        user low {
            uid 2341;
            class low_class;

  P.S.  What else do i need to configure on my Cisco ACS?