[j-nsp] aggregates - active/passive option

Bostjan Fele bostjan.fele at smart-com.si
Thu Feb 3 07:30:45 EST 2005

Hi,

aggregate routes have only two next-hop options: reject (default) or
discard. First one enables ICMP messages if there is no more specific route,
second one silently discards packet. This has nothing to do with having a
contributing route. I have not checked if passive option installes aggregate
route in first place if there is no contributing route or not. I would try
this with configuring one static route to contribute and then remove it.

REgards,
Bostjan Fele