[j-nsp] M7i adaptive services module

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Feb 3 16:44:58 EST 2005

--On Thursday, February 03, 2005 16:05 -0500 Jared Mauch
<jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> 	I see Lenny responded, but to answer your real question:
>
> 	The AS-PIC (advanced services) is a superset of the tunnel pic,
> you no longer need the tunnel pic in a platform for pim encaps if you
> have a AS-PIC.

Ahhh so that answers another question I had.  I'd like to use multiple
virtual routers to handle/make certain things easier and was beginning to
be worried I'd have to buy a tunnel services PIC in order to get them to
talk to eachother, that or just loop things out the GigE and back in.

Good little piece of information, the Juniper docs had me thinking
otherwise....but I haven't had a chance to try it on hardware yet anyway
(yanno, like in ST -- 'Next Tuesday' ;) )

Thanks Jared.