[j-nsp] PCMCIA flash upgrade/config

Pekka Savola pekkas at netcore.fi
Wed Feb 9 13:49:50 EST 2005

Hi,

Could someone shed a bit of light on how the PCMCIA flashes work with
Juniper M/T-series?  The documentation is, well.., less than existant
:)

What we'd like to do is have a PCMCIA flash including the latest image
and configuration, which could be slapped in a new (or RMA'd) RE, and
when the RE would boot up, it would upgrade the software to that on
the flash when it boots up, and would copy the configuration from the
flash as well.

I get the impression from various documents that this would be
possible, but nowhere it seems to be said 1) if this is really
possible, and 2) how it would be done.

Or, if that's not possible, we could live with just simply booting
directly from the flash with the config on the flash.

Any hints?