[j-nsp] Routing Engine Redundancy

Gary Tate gtate at juniper.net
Thu Feb 10 18:27:58 EST 2005

When an RE is in backup state RPD is not running so it cannot route
admin. traffic.  The backup routers statement gives the default gateway
for the backup-re

It is normally the next hop router on the subnet fxp0 is connected to.

Also the IP addresses cannot be the same as fxp0 is active on both REs
and so you will see dup ip address errors.

Hope this helps
Gary