[j-nsp] ERX 6-0-0 radius accounting

Mark Loveley mloveley at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 10:09:23 EST 2005

Hi
We have a new ERX installed and this is our first unit on the 6-0-0
release train. Other units running 5-2-3 don't do this...

It seems to be constantly sending a accounting packet which our radius
servers are dropping silenty. Because it's silently dropped the ERX
retransmits every 3 sec's (default retransmit time). Is there any way
to stop the ERX sending it?

tcpdump on the radius server says the packet is of this type:-

rad-account-req 76 [id 186] Attr[  Acct_status{Accounting-On}
NAS_ipaddr{X.X.X.X} NAS_id{YYYYYY} Acct_authentic{RADIUS} [|radius]

Debug radiusClient on the ERX logs this when it sends the packet.

DEBUG 02/11/2005 15:04:44 GMT radiusClient: sendPacket: RADIUS Acct
packet sent (default)

Any ideas?
Thanks
Mark