[j-nsp] Getting traffic details

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Thu Feb 17 23:47:14 EST 2005

--On Thursday, February 17, 2005 23:33 -0500 Mark Fullmer <maf at eng.oar.net>
wrote:

> To configure:
>
>   set interfaces sp-1/2/0 unit 0 family inet address 10.1.1.1/32
> destination 10.1.1.2
>
>   set forwarding-options sampling input family inet rate 100
>   set forwarding-options sampling output cflowd <collector ip> port
> <collector port>   set forwarding-options sampling output
> flow-inactive-timeout 15   set forwarding-options sampling output
> flow-active-timeout 60
>   set forwarding-options sampling output interface sp-1/2/0
> source-address <loopback IP>
>
> "sh ip ca fl" then is "show services accounting flow-detail terse"
>
> maf at clmbo-r4> show services accounting flow-detail terse
> Service Accounting interface: sp-1/2/0, Local interface index: 129
> Service name: (default sampling)
> Interface state: Accounting
> Protocol   Source         Source  Destination Destination    Packet
> Byte            address          port  address            port     count
> count tcp(6)     164.107.X.X       22  69.133.X.X          2257       265
> 365312 tcp(6)     130.108.X.X     3064  66.55.X.X             80
> 231        9240 ...
>
> --
> mark

Do you need the sampling input/output statements in the interface(s) you
want to sample?

such as

set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family inet sampling input
set interfaces ge-0/0/0 unit 0 family inet sampling output

?

Sorry, fairly new to the advanced featureset (got a good handle on the
basics though)

Also is the 10.x.x.x address synthetic (IE private/internal) for the sp?  I
assume it is (we have overlap at my site with the default 10.x addresses
that it uses like 10.0.0.34....).