[j-nsp] LS PIC Errors

Eric Van Tol eric at atlantech.net
Fri Feb 18 17:14:57 EST 2005

Hi all,
In my rush to get out of the office yesterday, I sent this message to
the groupstudy list instead of puck, so I apologize to those who may
have received it twice:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have recently noticed the following error on my M20 with an installed
LS PIC:

fpc0 LS(0/3) b_id=24 2 fragments dropped by overflowed queue

I've seen PR42346 which appears to be the issue, but it states that the
PIC does this when it's overloaded.  I know I'm not near capacity on
this PIC with regard to bps or pps, so is there something else I am not
aware of?  I do see this in the 'extensive' output for this LS PIC:

..
    Fragment data buffer overflow     27
..

I also am running 7.0R2.7, which should have the fix for PR42346.

Thanks in advance,
eric