[j-nsp] Adaptive LSPs

Craig Pierantozzi tozz at arpa.bind.com
Mon Feb 21 10:48:49 EST 2005

Adaptive allocates a reservation for each RSVP session (shared explicit).
This means when configuring standby secondary paths, shared links
can be used for the primary and the secondary.  Depending on
how you are designing your MPLS network this may not be
optimal.  Some people do not want secondary paths signaled
over the same link as the primary for restoration reasons.

So it depends on the network topology and what the requirements
are for the design that could be a con.

regards
-Craig

* Thus spake Jerome Fleury (jeje at jeje.org):