[j-nsp] M10 routing engine memory upgrade

Rene Avi j-nsp at nextlayer.at
Sat Feb 26 06:54:13 EST 2005

Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
> Hrm you know, I should really put together a complete list of all the
> different ram types for different RE's and switch boards. Here's what I've
> got so far:
>

> RE Model   Max Memory  Default Config   Memory Type
> RE-1.0     256MB       2x 128MB         72-pin EDO SIMM

RE-1.0s can handle 4x 128 MB using 'SIMM 72 pin EDO w/ 32m x36 w/ ECC
w/ 4k page w/ 60ns'. I'm not saying it is recommended running a RE-1.0
nowadays even on 512 MB RAM steriods but it will still do in less
dynamic environments without swapping the routing-table to harddisk ;->

Cheers, /Rene

--
                  Luck is the residue of design.
Next Layer Telekommunikationsdienstleistungs- und Beratungs GmbH