[j-nsp] Cisco/Juniper MPLS-TE Interoperability

Lars Erik Gullerud lerik at nolink.net
Thu Jan 13 05:34:42 EST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 01:57, Phil Rosenthal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get MPLS-TE working between some cisco Sup720's and
> juniper M20's, and I'm running into a problem.  I'm sure I'm missing
> something stupid, but here goes...

Well... First of all it might help if you say WHAT exactly is the
problem you are running into, i.e. what are you seeing on the respective
ends of the LSP...

>  > show configuration protocols rsvp
> interface ge-0/2/0.1001 {
>      bandwidth 1g;
> }

As a side-note, when talking to Cisco's you might want to configure
"hello-interval 0" for the interface under protocols rsvp... otherwise
LSP's are real slow to come up, as J uses RSVP Hellos by default.

>  > show configuration interfaces lo0
> unit 0 {
>      family inet {
>          filter {
>              input route-engine;

And you do of course allow RSVP into the Juniper in this filter
(route-engine)?

Anyway... again, what exactly are you seeing? On the juniper-side, how
about starting with a "show mpls lsp name J2-C2 extensive", "show rsvp
neighbor" and say what, if any, error messages you see in the first and
whether or not you see the Cisco in the latter? Likewise from the Cisco
side with "show mpls traffic-eng tunnels Tunnel2" and "show ip rsvp
neighbor"? It would be easier to go further from that.

/leg