[j-nsp] martians and fxp0 addressing

C. Hagel nanog at lordkron.net
Thu Jan 27 01:55:55 EST 2005

Levent,
	This should work since all traffic for fxp0 is forwarded off the
RE and never passes the PFE. Here is the config and a telnet session
through fxp0 showing it working:

root at Den12-jun# show interfaces fxp0
unit 0 {
    family inet {
        address 10.200.110.1/24;
    }
}

[edit]
root at Den12-jun# show routing-options martians
192.168.0.0/16 orlonger;
10.0.0.0/8 orlonger;

[edit]
root at Den12-jun# run telnet 10.200.110.2
Trying 10.200.110.2...
Connected to 10.200.110.2.
Escape character is '^]'.

So as you can see this works just fine.  Let me know if this helps.

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:52:43 -0000