[j-nsp] Junos Code and class of service handling

Alexander Arsenyev (GU/ETL) alexander.arsenyev at ericsson.com
Mon Jul 18 18:51:44 EDT 2005

Hello Steve,

The default classifier is "ipprec-compafibility" and it puts
- DSCP 40/CS5 into forwarding-class network-control which has 5% of bandwidth by default
- DSCP 24/CS3 into forwarding-class best-effort which has 95% of bandwidth by default

You have to configure classifier, schedulers and scheduler-maps for "assured-forwarding" forwarding-class, then assign
classifier/scheduler-map to router interfaces.
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos60/swconfig60-interfaces/html/cos-config18.html#1038595
HTH,
Cheers
Alex