AW: [j-nsp] j-flow question

Rene Avi j-nsp at nextlayer.at
Sat Jul 23 14:18:10 EDT 2005

martin schneidhofer wrote:
> what is the technical difference in using
> a ASP on junipers. are there limitations
> in the sampling of traffic without ASP ?

Without the ASM you're sending packets up to the RE
for (software) examination potentially congesting the
FE and/or RE-CPU. So choose your rate carefully (1/1000
is a good start unless you have huge traffic).

If you want to see 1:1 unsampled flows head for an ASM.

Cheers, /Rene

--
                 Luck is the residue of design.
Next Layer Telekommunikationsdienstleistungs- und Beratungs GmbH