[j-nsp] Gig-E framing issues M20 vs. Nortel 1400

Nils Kolstein N.Kolstein at kpn-is.nl
Tue Jul 26 07:43:06 EDT 2005

Greetings,

We're encountering some problems connecting a juniper M20 (running JUNOS
7.0R2.7) to a nortel 1400 using gigabit ethernet. Behind the nortel
we're experiencing some drops in a multicast stream.

I've been told that the juniper doesn't comply with the ieee standard
for the interframe gap, which should apparently be 96 bits, and that the
nortel has problems with smaller gaps. So I'm looking for a way to tweak
this size on the juniper side, so far without any luck.

Can anybody here shed some light on this? Is it possible to change the
interframe gap on a juniper?

Greetings,

Nils Kolstein
Tactisch Netwerkbeheerder