[j-nsp] cspf to secondary loopback

Piotr Marecki peter at mareccy.org
Wed Jul 27 08:01:14 EDT 2005

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 10:11:49AM +0200, Stefan Mink wrote:
> Rafal Szarecki (WA/EPO) wrote:
> > 1. use no-cspf keworks under LSP definition, and creat ERO manualy
>
> thats how Armin solved it, but you obviously loose options
>
> > or,
> >
> > 2. establish two LSP toward the same primary IP address, and use policy under [routing-option forwarding-table] to select which LSP should be use for particular packets/traffic.
>
> that's an interesting one; I think whats not working here
> anymore is that you can do TE on the BGP-nexthop basis,
> i.e. send all traffic for BGP routes which have nexthop xyz
> into LSP A and for nexthop abc into LSP B (which would
> work with the first solution).
>
>    tschuess
>              Stefan
> --
> Stefan Mink, Schlund+Partner AG (AS 8560)
> Primary key fingerprint: 389E 5DC9 751F A6EB B974  DC3F 7A1B CF62 F0D4 D2BA

If you dont't want to play with forwarding-table export policies and still want to use CSPF and multiple BGP NEXT_HOPs there is
alternative solution with install x.x.x.x/32 under [protocols mpls label-switched-path xxx] stanza. Simply you can define
multiple addresses on lo0 which then you can use with your multiple LSP's on the head-end with install command. Then your
BGP prefixes will be forwarded through relevant LSP , depending on NEXT_HOP attribute. I know it's kinda complicated solution ,
but at least you can use CSPF.

regards

Piotr Marecki