[j-nsp] Cisco 7600 vs. M10i performance tests

Mike Porter mike at udel.edu
Wed Jun 1 10:42:37 EDT 2005

Raw performance may not be the only criteria.  For instance, we
do automatic configuration changes whenver a student's machine
turns into a spam-box.  We also automatically block port 3531
whenever a student's machine turns into some kind of KaZaa drone
(peer points exchange?  Doesn't really matter).  Being able to
make these kinds of changes in an automatic fashion while being
reasonably confident that the router won't run out of "magic
memory" is worth a lot.

I tooks hundreds of IPs out of the "port_3531_abusers" prefix-list
yesterday.

Mike