[j-nsp] Re: BGP neighbor state flapping

Hahn, Ch HahnC at t-systems.com
Thu Jun 2 03:46:09 EDT 2005

> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 04:35:31PM +0200, Hahn, Ch wrote:
> > After some minutes it's started again with "trace_on:
> Tracing to "/var/log/xxxx" started"
> >
> > Could it be that we had an daemon problem on the box? Is
> the above log entry indicating that the bgp process was restarted?
>
> Unfortunately there is no dedicated BGP process, so it looks
> like RPD restarted indeed. Check:
> show system processes wide detail | match "(STARTED|/rpd)"
> and you should see when the rpd fired up the last time.

Thanks, that gave me a hint. I checked the messages log and found that indeed the rpd was restarted several times and this correlates with the log entries in the bgp trace logs. It seems that the restart was due to a page read fault for the everytime same pc addresses. Am I right that this could indicates an corrupted memory modul?

cheers,
Christian