[j-nsp] m7i & Cat 6500

info at beprojects.com info at beprojects.com
Mon Jun 6 11:52:21 EDT 2005

I've got a Juniper M7i and it is being connected to a Catalyst 6509.  No
matter what I do, I cannot get a link between the two.  The Juniper is
running 7.2R1.7 (I don't control the Cat, so I can't see what it is
running).  The Cat is supposed to be full/10.  I've set full 10, full
100 and auto and nothing works.  I unplug it from the M7 and plug it
into a cheap switch and get link right away.  I've used crossover and
straight through cables, I've moved a cable from another FE on the same
M7 and it gets link on the questionable port.  I've moved the
non-working link to another known good port and I don't get a link.  I'm
at a loss as to what to try next.  Any ideas or settings I can try?

Thanks.

Peder