[j-nsp] Modern BGP peering border router and DDoS recommendations with Juniper?

Sam Crooks scrooks at ebocom.net
Fri Jun 10 12:43:13 EDT 2005

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a handle on the Juniper platform needed to withstand a

1) small
2) medium
3) large-scale (NxGbps rate)

DDoS attack

What Juniper router would be comparable to:

Cisco 7200?

Cisco 7304?

Cisco 7600?

And are there any serious issues with the lower end of the Juniper line
I should no about?

(for example, something like: "You can't take full routes from your BGP
peers without at least M7/M10/M20 etc... and X level of memory")

I'm shopping for these as border routers to an end-user AS, with fairly
low (fractional DS-3) bandwidth requirements for the application...
additional access port speed would be primarily for assisting with
mitigating DDoS attacks.

Regards,

Sam