[j-nsp] policy question

Alexander Koch efraim at clues.de
Fri Jun 24 11:19:05 EDT 2005

Folks,

I have a quick question, all about BGP.

Imagine some fully- meshed iBGP group, and a certain region
where you want to keep prefixes local. That iBGP group has
a common policy outbound to basically put local /30 in iBGP
with no-export, etc.

The prefixes that are supposed to stay local are tagedd with
a community, and now I thought that something like this would
even work:

-->
(from the iBGP policy applied to that group)
term keep-in-italy {
    from {
        community keep-local;
        policy ( ! regional-routers );
    }
    then reject;
}
<--

-->
policy regional-routers...
term region {
    to neighbor [ (lots of iBGP neighbors in that region ];
    then accept;
}
then reject;
<--

That policy should evaluate the regional-routers policy and
my dream is that this effectively rejects the set prefixes
to the specified BGP neighbors only.

Do I understand correctly that I basically need two terms
for this to really work, one allowing and one not?

Alexander