[j-nsp] Re: Re: RE2/RE3 and unwarranted reboots

Daniel Roesen dr at cluenet.de
Thu Jun 30 07:55:53 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 01:24:13PM +0200, Hannes Gredler wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:57:03AM +0200, Daniel Roesen wrote:
> | On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 10:10:05AM +0300, Pekka Savola wrote:
> | > So, who's bright idea was it to:
> |
> | Probably the same ones who have decided to now charge extra for IPv6
> | ($10k) and logical-routers ($5k). Ontop the $10k JunOS license.
> |
> | Squeezing the last bit of revenue out of us... (and hampering IPv6
> | deployment). :-Z
>
> well then apologies for not giving kit and sw for free;

I didn't notice that it came for free for the last... how many years?
I just notice that the price for IPv6-enabled JunOS for non-i boxes
doubled from $10k to $20k.

IPv6 isn't an "added value" but a basic requirement for the future
Internet. Charging a premium for that is crazy. Especially adding
this pricing after lots of people have deployed Juniper-based IPv6
native networks and NOW become confronted with added price tag for
something that was included in base before. That's just not fair.
Are such strategies also planned for multicast? MPLS?

But anyway. This is a technical forum so this discussion is probably
off-topic here, so I apologize. I'm sure the sales channel will hear
feedback too. :-)

Best regards,
Daniel