[j-nsp] ATM L2VPN connection help

zeng watchthinker watchthinker at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:37:33 EST 2005

Hi Raymond,

   Thanks for your suggestion! This morning when I restart the router,
l2vpn is up, it is very strange because when yesterday i shut it off it is
still down. The encapsulation of this is atm-ccc-cell-relay and l2vpn
encapsulation atm-cell-vc-mode(atm-cell, atm-cell-vp-mode doesn't work).

   And atm-ccc-vc-mux configuration can not be commited under logical
interface.

juniper at M5_Lab2# show interfaces at-0/2/0
encapsulation atm-ccc-cell-relay;
atm-options {
    vpi 100 {
        maximum-vcs 512;
    }
}

juniper at M5_Lab2# set interfaces at-0/2/0 unit 100 encapsulation
atm-ccc-vc-mux

[edit logical-routers pe1]
juniper at M5_Lab2# commit check
[edit logical-routers pe1 interfaces at-0/2/0]
  'unit 100'
     Link encapsulation type is not valid for device type
error: configuration check-out failed

   So, how to configure ccc-vc-mux?

<watchthinker at hotmail.com>,<juniper-nsp at puck.nether.net>
>Subject: RE: [j-nsp] ATM L2VPN connection help
>Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 10:28:19 -0800
>
>Zeng,
>
>If you use protocol l2vpn encapsulation-type atm-aal5, the encapsulation
under the interface needs to be atm-ccc-vc-mux.

>For interface encapsulation atm-ccc-cell-relay, you'll need one of the
atm-cell encapsulations under protocol l2vpn.