[j-nsp] trace msg: unexpected EOF

daniel daniel at claudius.demon.nl
Fri Mar 11 18:29:59 EST 2005

Kathy,

unexpected EOF (=end-of-file) means that the application (LDP in this case) was reading data from the TCP socket when it was closed abruptly. This would happen if the remote side sends a TCP reset. From the 'OpenSent -> Closing' state change it's clear that the session was in the processing of being brought up. The logs on the remote side should provide more insight in why the session is failing..

HTH,
-Daniel.