[j-nsp] L2 mismatch timeouts...

Phil Jolliffe pjolliff at juniper.net
Fri Mar 11 20:37:06 EST 2005

L2 mismatch timeouts is a count of malformed or short packets that cause
the incoming packet handler to discard the frame as unreadable.

Unknown L2 formats (CDP, IPX, or even inet/inet6/mpls/iso if the family
statement is not under the interface unit) show up as the policed
discard counter incrementing.