[j-nsp] L2 mismatch timeouts...

Zvezdelin Vladov zvladov at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 03:45:29 EST 2005

Hello Phil,

What could be the cause of those kind of malformed
or short frames?

Wouldn't they be counted as CRC/Align or whatever
other error counters are available on the LINK layer?

Why all the other L2 counters for errors are zero?

I made some tests with another pic - 4x F/E 100 BASE-TX,
and I have the same results.... L2 mismatch timeouts.

I did change the switch - from HP to Cisco 2950 I
see the same problems with both of the PICs.

The very strange thing is that on a GE IQ SFP-with SFP-LX
port I don't see anything like this. The switch in this
case is cisco 3750.

And now comes the VERY strange part -
when I turned off the VLAN tagging on the juniper -
and made the cisco switch switchport access vlan X,
[i.e. cisco adds the VLAN tag] the problem on the
Juniper disappeared!
I.e. no single L2 mismatch timeout!

Thank you,

Zvezdelin Vladov