[j-nsp] Is bfd helpful in this scenario ?

sthaug at nethelp.no sthaug at nethelp.no
Thu Mar 17 03:17:35 EST 2005

> Yes, actually the M series routers run off the internal PCMCIA flash
> card normally, so from all perspectives (except logging) your router
> will forward normally.

Note that M7i and M10i do not come with internal flash by default.
We made the mistake of installing an M10i without internal flash, and
this box developed a hard disk problem after a while. We had installed
a redundant RE. The box tried but failed to switch to the redundant RE
when the primary RE developed its hard disk problem. The problem was
finally solved with an RE swap.

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sthaug at nethelp.no