[j-nsp] Trunk port assignment

Nils Swart nils at tdsdata.net
Mon Mar 28 07:39:31 EST 2005

Bala,

> *each* of the vlans and tag it with the vlan id. Is that the only way ?
> Again, with riverstone I am able to do:
>
> "switchport trunk-vlans 601-700,751-850"
>
> How to map this to JunOS without having to create 200 units ?

>From your information it seems to me you're trying to transport a set of
VLANs on this gigabit ethernet interface to the other side of your
network. On the core-facing interface of this RSTN box, what are you using
? i.e. MPLS based transport (L2VPN or VPLS) or VLAN stacking ?

On a juniper box you can transparantly transport an interface's traffic
to another endpoint based on physical or logical interface. I.e. a total
port with everything that comes in or a logical interface on
this port (vlan,vc,vp, etc.. ).

The feature guide of JUNOS describes the various options to transporting
layer 2 circuits:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos71/feature-guide-71/frameset.htm

Chapter "Layer 2 Circuits" (i.e. Circuit Cross Connect or CCC as Michael
suggested)

Translational Cross Connects and VPLS are described in that guide as well.

-Nils