[j-nsp] Trunk port assignment

Juan Villasuso jvilla+juniper at correo.cesga.es
Tue Mar 29 06:40:06 EST 2005

You can use "ethernet-vpls" as encapsulation for the interface facing to CE.
This way you don't have to specify a diferent units each VLAN you want to
transport. See the diference

user at M20# show interfaces ge-0/2/0
vlan-tagging;
encapsulation extended-vlan-vpls;     // also vlan-vpls as encapsulation
unit 0 {
    vlan-id 669;                                   // only vlan 669
    family vpls;
}

user at M20# show interfaces ge-2/0/0
mtu 2000;
encapsulation ethernet-vpls;
unit 0 {                                            // all vlans
    family vpls;
}

Vpls routing-instance is configured same way on both cases and also the BGP
part.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

-- Juan Villasuso.