[j-nsp] FE Memory Upgrade

info at beprojects.com info at beprojects.com
Tue May 10 10:05:22 EDT 2005

We just purchased an M7i that we are going to use as a BGP router.  It
came with 256M on the RE, which we are upgrading to 768M.  It has 128M
on the CFEB and I was wondering if that needs to be upgraded as well.  I
know the RE memory is directly related to the number of routes you
receive, but what about the CFEB memory?  Is there a guideline as to how
much memory you need for various applications?  Is it related to routing
table size at all?  Or is it related to bandwidth?  Or?  Thanks.

Peder