[j-nsp] Proxy ARP config required for extended-vlan-tcc sites only vpn ?

Bala Venkata balavenkata at netscape.net
Wed May 18 11:00:46 EDT 2005

Say my L2.5 vpn has only two sites now and both are attached to the same
PE. "extended-vlan-tcc" encaps has been set for both the sites. We may
have to add more sites to the vpn in the future (some with frame-relay
encaps). But with just those two sites now, do we need to config proxy
ARP (i.e. do we need to set proxy/remote Ip addresses) ? Or is it true
that only when we add a non-ethernet remote site we need to config proxy
ARP for the ethernet sites ?

TIA !