[j-nsp] Disabling console port

C. Hagel nanog at lordkron.net
Sat May 28 20:00:33 EDT 2005

Mark,
	I just want to be clear on what you are wanting, you want to
disable the console port and not fxp0 (management ethernet interface).
If this is truely what you are looking for it is not possible.  This is
enabled within the bios and changing that isn't supported by Juniper.
The only thing that would come close to that is to disable
telnet/ssh/etc.... from certain IP address'/ranges and only allow it on
certain interfaces in a firewall filter which would be applied on the
lo0 interface...but you still could connect to the router via the
console port if you have a laptop, a console cable and direct access or
a terminal server on your management LAN..

On Sat, 28 May 2005 13:45:57 +0100
Mark Evans <evans_m at btopenworld.com> wrote:

ME> Hi,
ME>
ME> I want to be able to disable the console port on the craft interface
ME> of an M10i or M7i, this needs to be software configurable so it can be
ME> controlled by the NOC. Can this be done from the JUNOS cli?
ME>
ME>
ME> --
ME> Best regards,
ME>  Mark                          mailto:evans_m at btopenworld.com

C. Hagel           <nanog at lordkron.net>