[j-nsp] high load

Michael Loftis mloftis at wgops.com
Mon Nov 14 20:23:44 EST 2005

--On November 14, 2005 8:28:19 PM +0000 Thomas Mangin
<thomas.mangin at exa-networks.co.uk> wrote:

> rpd can take more than 50% of the CPU and from my understanding of what
> it does it should not !
>
> Last time I checked the load was around 0.1 so I am wondering if I
> should investigate the matter further.

Yeah something is up, check for flapping bgp peers or lots of updates
coming from a bgp neighbor.  Could also be OSPF, IS-IS or any other routing
protocol activity causing it too.

Others will likely have more specific things to look for.

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler