[j-nsp] vlan-ccc on aggregated ethernet

Josef Buchsteiner josefb at juniper.net
Sat Nov 19 02:36:15 EST 2005

Jonas,

      this  is ethernet-ccc specific. Usually with vlan-ccc you switch
      the  traffic  from  one  vlan to another vlan without looking at
      what  is inside. Once you terminate a whole ethernet stream with
      ae  we have to look at each and see if we find LACP which has to
      be  send  up to the RE. This additional check induces additional
      micro-code  instructions  and  space  on  the  incoming  FPC.
      Enhanced FPCs have more micro-code space.

      Josef