[j-nsp] SMNP OID for routers PPS Load on LCD

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Tue Nov 22 14:51:55 EST 2005

On Tue, Nov 22, 2005 at 11:32:00AM -0600, Erik Sundberg wrote:
> Does any body know the snmp oid for the pps load that comes up on the LCD
> screen on the front of a M40????
>

> You can view it by the following command
>
> user at m40> show chassis craft-interface
>
> Red alarm:               LED off, relay off
> Yellow alarm:            LED off, relay off
> Routing Engine OK LED:   On
> Routing Engine fail LED: Off
>
> FPCs     0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7
> -------------------------------
> Green    *  *  *  *  .  .  .  .
> Red      .  .  .  .  .  .  .  .
>
> LCD screen:
>      +--------------------+
>      |m40                 |
>      |Up: 290+09:54:44    |
>      |                    |
>      +--------------------+

That is accessible on any platform (along with a lot of other useful info)
using:

user at router> show pfe statistics traffic
Packet Forwarding Engine traffic statistics:
    Input  packets:     4983379225040637               779921 pps
    Output packets:     4979211456075787               779872 pps

Not sure if there is an OID for that though. I did a quick scan through
the usual MIBs and "show snmp mib walk jnxMibs" on a live box and didn't
see anything that looked like PFE stats. Perhaps someone from Juniper
knows the secret. :)