[j-nsp] (no subject)

Harry Reynolds harry at juniper.net
Wed Nov 30 21:25:03 EST 2005

Thanks for the feedback, and as far as I know the answer is "no".

Locally generated RE traffic is pre-classified, if you will, and takes a
bypass route to the egress FPC that does not allow IPII based
classification override mechanisms, i.e., you cannot use a firewall
filter with a then forwarding-class action.

Locally generated network control traffic is normally sent via queue 0
(the BE queue), unless there is a retransmission. In this case it is
placed into queue 3 (NC). I'm not sure what happens with retransmissions
on a locally generated Telnet session; it seems we code a default class
of service for Telnet, which makes it seem the RE does not consider them
as NC.

Regards, and HTHs

Harry