[j-nsp] Failure detection on Ge interfaces

George Yalamov georgi.yalamov at btc-net.bg
Mon Oct 3 09:06:37 EDT 2005

Filippo Cugini wrote:
> Hi all,
> we have M10 with GE LX optical interfaces running ospf and mpls (junos 7.1).
> We evaluated the M10 behavior in case of failure (fiber cut)
> We have noticed that routers check the operative status of the GE interface
> once a second, thus determining a significant failure detection time (from
> 0,1 to 1 sec).
> Is it possible to force the router to check the status more frequently?
> Thanx in advance
>   Filippo

Try to use:
set interfaces ge-x/y/z  hold-time down/up timers
By default up and down hold-timers are 0

   down milliseconds--Hold time to use when an interface transitions from up
    to down. The JUNOS software advertises the transition within
    100 milliseconds of the time value you specify.
    Range: 0 through 65,534 milliseconds
    Default: 0 milliseconds (interface transitions are not damped)

    up milliseconds--Hold time to use when an interface transitions from
down
    to up. The JUNOS software advertises the transition within
    100 milliseconds of the time value you specify.
    Range: 0 through 65,534 milliseconds
    Default: 0 milliseconds (interface transitions are not damped)

---
George Yalamov
Bulgarian Telecomunication Company
Senior Engineer Core/Metro Technologies