[j-nsp] OSPF Export policy question

Terje Krogdahl terje at krogdahl.net
Mon Oct 3 11:07:43 EDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 05:10:19PM +0300, Sinan Ilkiz wrote:

> Ok Sabri, you are RFC wise rigth. But this is just a test scenario :-)
> I think what i want is impossible due to the multicast nature of OSPF.

No, it is impossible due to the simple fact that in order to have a
stable, loop-free network all OSPF routers in an area are required to
have the same database, and the OSPF protocol is designed to achieve
this situation. Test scenario or not, this is simply not possible.

The little matter of OSPF protocol design aside, the export policy
controls what is exported from the routing table to the OSPF database,
thus it has nothing to do with each individual neighbour. The neighbor
statement is for use with other protocols.

--
Terje Krogdahl

  All roads lead to Rome
     - A clearly confused router (R. Perlman)