[j-nsp] Failure detection on Ge interfaces

Filippo Cugini filippo.cugini at cnit.it
Tue Oct 4 09:37:30 EDT 2005

Josef,
we measured the loss of light spilling part of the signal and using an
external photodiode. At the same time we collected the snmp messages sent by
the router (and also polling with the XML Junoscript) referring to the
operative status (up/down) of the GE interface.  Results show that M10
(Junos 7.1) checks the operative status of the GE interface once a second.
The measured delay has been confirmed evaluating the performance of the mpls
recovery solutions.
I can send you a more detailed document if you want.
Thank you for your effort
   Filippo