[j-nsp] Configuring Per-Packet Load Balancing

Pablo Varela pablo at pabloylola.com
Tue Oct 11 13:30:26 EDT 2005

I think that you could also apply the load-balance per-packet knob to
only some prefixes, since it's a regular policy action.

According to JunOS documentation: "To configure the load-balance
per-packet action, include the load-balance per-packet action in a then
statement or a route-filter option in a from statement in a routing
policy."

The you can tag or somehow identify the networks you want to
load-balance and have something like:

policy-options policy-statement picky-load-balance {
    term tagged-routes {
        from tag 1;
        then {
            load-balance per-packet;
        }
    }
    term anything-else {
        then accept;
    }
}

I'm not sure taht the last term is needed but just to be on the safe
side.
Then you apply this policy to export the routing table to the forwarding
table.

Pablo