[j-nsp] question regarding l3vpn

Robert Raszuk raszuk at cisco.com
Tue Oct 18 03:35:38 EDT 2005

Hi Nabarun,

It is very well explained in the latest BGP spec (it's appendix F.3 to
be exact):

Appendix F.3 Path attribute ordering

    Implementations which combine update messages as described above in
    6.1 may prefer to see all path attributes presented in a known order.
    This permits them to quickly identify sets of attributes from differ-
    ent update messages which are semantically identical.  To facilitate
    this, it is a useful optimization to order the path attributes
    according to type code.  This optimization is entirely optional.

And ethereal is broken ;).

Cheers,
R.