[j-nsp] "low route" with BGP examples?

Thomas Mangin thomas.mangin at exa-networks.co.uk
Tue Oct 18 14:42:57 EDT 2005

Hello,

I found the thread interesting but it look like I fail to understand
something important.

>From my reading, it seems that the import part about flows is that  you
can specify source/destination ports and source/destination IP).

However, I fail to see how flow are useful in that setup as we are not
using them in filters but to tag routes.

I would have written this as (sorry if there is a fault, I have not
tested this) as follow.

Could someone please high lighten me on what was/could have ben done
with flows which can not be done with normal tagging in this case ?

Thank you.

Thomas

---

routing-options {
    static {
        route 10.0.0.0/8 {
            discard;
            community 65001:101;
        }
    }
protocols {
    bgp {
        family inet {
            unicast;
        }
        group TEST {
            type external;
            description "Test peering with ref-gw";
            multihop {
                ttl 255;
            }
            export [ iana-reserved allow-policy deny-all ];
            peer-as 65002;
            neighbor 192.168.2.2;
            }
        }
    }
}
policy-options {
    prefix-list flow-route {
        10.0.0.1/32;
    }
    prefix-list flow-route-2 {
        10.10.10.0/24;
    }
    policy-statement iana-reserved {
        term 1 {
            from community bogons-community;
            then {
                community add IANA;
                accept;
            }
        }
    }
    policy-statement allow-policy {
        term 1 {
            from prefix-list test-route;
            then {
                community add flow-route-community;
                accept;
	    }
        term 2 {
            from prefix-list test-route-2;
            then {
                community add flow-route-community-2;
                accept;
	    }
        }
    }
    policy-statement deny-all {
        then reject;
    }
    community IANA members no-export;
    community bogons-community members 65001:101;
    community flow-route-community members 65001:103;
    community flow-route-community-2 members 65001:104;
}

--
Exa Networks Limited - UK - AS30740 - www.exa-networks.co.uk
nic-handle : MANG-RIPE   website  : thomas.mangin.me.uk