[j-nsp] Juniper box equivalent to GSR

Dusan Avbreht dusan.avbreht at smart-com.si
Wed Oct 19 07:46:57 EDT 2005

M-320 can be used as edge and core IP/MPLS routers. Cisco XR12k and way more
CRS-1 are core routers lacking edge feauters.
i.e XR12k and CRS-1 they don't have VPLS support.

Differences:

M-320                               XR12k        	CRS-1

VPLS BGP style                      no               no
L3/VPN                              yes              no
Graceful restart for L3VPN          no               no
L2VPN BGP style                     no               no
L2VPN LDP                           yes              no
BGP flow spec                       no               no
MPLS Pt-to-multipoint LSP           no               no
vrrp-passive learning               no               no

Lep pozdrav - Best regards
Dušan Avbreht

Smart Com d.o.o.
Brnčičeva 45