[j-nsp] Logical routers and VRRP behaviour

Gordon Smith gsmith at wxc.co.nz
Wed Oct 26 22:50:46 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I've got a setup where I'm doing vertical aggregation inside 2 x M20's
using logical routers.
What I'm wondering is whether VRRP treats each logical as a separate
device i.e. if I use a tagged gig-E PIC, and each logical router has
some tagged interfaces over that gig-E, can I have one logical router as
the master vrrp device in one group, and another logical router
configured as a backup device for a different vrrp group.

The docs state that only one group may be vrrp master on an interface,
but does that caveat apply when a physical interface is split into
multiple logical interfaces across different logical routers?

Cheers,
Gordon