[j-nsp] Logical routers and VRRP behaviour

Patrick Lynchehaun plynchehaun at servecentric.com
Thu Oct 27 06:55:43 EDT 2005

Gordon,
      See config below 2 logical routers with each having 2 tag interfaces.

patrick# show logical-routers pat1
interfaces {
    ge-0/2/0 {
        unit 200 {
            vlan-id 200;
            family inet {
                address 1.1.1.1/24 {
                    vrrp-group 200 {
                        virtual-address 1.1.1.3;
                        priority 100;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        unit 201 {
            vlan-id 201;
            family inet {
                address 1.1.2.1/24 {
                    vrrp-group 201 {
                        virtual-address 1.1.2.3;
                        priority 90;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

[edit]
patrick# show logical-routers pat2
interfaces {
    ge-0/2/1 {
        unit 200 {
            vlan-id 200;
            family inet {
                address 1.1.1.2/24 {
                    vrrp-group 200 {
                        virtual-address 1.1.1.3;
                        priority 90;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
        unit 201 {
            vlan-id 201;
            family inet {
                address 1.1.2.2/24 {
                    vrrp-group 201 {
                        virtual-address 1.1.2.3;
                        priority 100;
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

[edit]
patrick# run show vrrp brief
Interface   Unit  Group  Type  Address          Int state    VR state   Timer
ge-0/2/0        200   200    lcl   1.1.1.1          up           master     A 0.593
                         vip   1.1.1.3
ge-0/2/0        201   201    lcl   1.1.2.1          up           backup     D 3.355
                         vip   1.1.2.3
                         mas   1.1.2.2
ge-0/2/1        200   200    lcl   1.1.1.2          up           backup     D 3.014
                         vip   1.1.1.3
                         mas   1.1.1.1
ge-0/2/1        201   201    lcl   1.1.2.2          up           master     A 0.912
                         vip   1.1.2.3

Thanks,
	Patrick.