[j-nsp] Juniper/Cisco and Aggregated Ethernet

Erdem Sener erdems at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 07:17:54 EST 2005

 Hello,

  As far as I know you cannot set duplex/speed parameters on a
ethernet contributing to an aggregated interface. Also, I don't think
this is necessary on Juniper side.

 Assuming your switch is Cisco as well, you could define speed/duplex
parameters on the switch, which works fine for us on production.

 Aggregated ethernet interfaces are a good way for load balancing
across multiple ethernet/sonet interfaces but CoS is newly implemented
(I guess starting from 7.3). Also, when you add a new interface on the
bundle, you'll probably want to increment your speed setting in aeX.X,
which will end up resetting the bundle.

 HTH
 Erdem