[j-nsp] Juniper/Cisco and Aggregated Ethernet

Jee Kay jeekay at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 13:30:48 EST 2005

I'm just testing using 802.3ad between our Junipers and Ciscos where
applicable, and was wondering if it is possible to set the duplex mode
on the physical links? Normally I have a configuration group that
applies 100/full to all our FE interfaces, but as soon as I put them
in an aggregated group it appears you aren't allowed to set link-mode
on the interfaces directly, and there is no place to configure it
within the ae interface.

Anyone know what happens in this case? We've had bad experiences with
one side being full and the other on auto, with bad packet
loss/general problems under load, so I want to make sure it's going to
be ok :)

On a side note, are people using this functionality in production? How
are you finding it? What are the switchover times like when a physical
link fails?

Thanks in advance,
Ras