[j-nsp] LSP types in M-Series

Pedro Fortuna pedro.fortuna at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 20:13:19 EDT 2005

Hello again,

Sorry for nagging everyone with my doubts, but with the hundred
thousand pages Juniper documentation has, its hard not have a doubt
now and then.

Im trying to figure out what kinds of LSP's Juniper M-Series supports.
So here are my current thoughts and doubts:

What I think that should be possible to setup with Juniper NEs:
[1]. E-LSP: setting up non-TE tunnels with LDP carrying multiple
traffic classes (excluding guaranteed bandwidth which requires TE)
[2]. E-LSP: setting up TE tunnels with RSVP-TE carrying multiple
traffic classes (including guaranteed bandwidth)
[3]. L-LSP: setting up TE tunnels with RSVP-TE carrying a single
traffic class (including guaranteed bandwidth)

Doubts:
a) If I understood well, Juniper is only able to setup [2]  with
multiclass LSPs. If this is true, it is highly limiting, as [2] can
only traverse Juniper NEs. Can you confirm this?

b) I am not sure if it is possible to setup [3] with Juniper M-Series
NEs. I read about classifiers, forwarding classes and policies, but Im
not yet sure if this mechanisms can be used to split a VLAN's traffic
according to the 802.1p traffic classes, and forward them to different
l2circuits. Does anybody knows if [3] can be setup this way? (or any
other way)

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Pedro Fortuna