[j-nsp] xntpd errors

Josef Buchsteiner josefb at juniper.net
Tue Sep 6 07:18:41 EDT 2005

PS> On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, Josef Buchsteiner wrote:
 >>      6.4R3 7.0R3 7.1R1 7.2R1 and higher those messages has been moved
 >>      to logging debug level rather info.. So this should not show up
 >>      anymore once you have not logging with any any configured with
 >>      releases mentioned above.
PS>
PS>  Is this intended to be the final fix or just an intermediate
PS>  workaround for some cases ?

     ntp  as  such  is not routing-instance aware and changing this is
     non-trivial.  There  are  situation  where  we must poll for this
     internal  address therefor moving those messages into debug level
     as an intermediate action is the best one we could do.

PS>  I don't think those messages qualify for even "any any" logs, and
PS>  there are valid reasons to run logging in "any any" in any case.

     since in some cases we need those information we don't want to
     remove it. There are a lot more messages logged once debugging is
     enabled. If you don't want it, you have still the freedom to
     filter them out.

     thanks
     Josef